SSW Chenin Blanc(75 CL)
- This great South African wine is perfect for those long summer lunches, sundowners or that special moment.
- Wherever you choose, South West, internationally, is the wine best suited to compliment your lifestyle.
- Crisp, dry and subtle with medium body. The palate follows through with fruit flavours, balanced by crisp acidity to ensure a fresh and fruity style of wine.
Chenin Blanc is a versatile white-wine grape variety that has been cultivated in France for nearly 1300 years. It is most commonly associated with France's Loire Valley, and its high acidity levels mean it can be vinified in a number of different styles: as lusciously sweet, botrytis-affected dessert wines, light, honeyed sparkling wines and as full-bodied, still white wines.
The variety has had its ups and downs throughout its long history. Official French documents first mention Chenin Blanc as early as 845, and the variety has appeared in various parts of the Loire under a multitude of synonyms since.
The grape fell out of fashion somewhat in the early 20th Century, but renewed interest in the 1980s has reinvigorated Chenin Blanc's position as a classic and noble grape variety.
Chenin Blanc may be crafted to any level of sweetness, ranging from bone-dry, crisp and sparkling, through to sweet dessert wines. This is reflected in the number of winemaking techniques and styles employed in Chenin production, such as stainless steel, extended-lees contact and barrel maturation.
Chenin Blanc was used to create a base spirit for the brandy trade and, for much of its viticulture career thereafter, it was consigned to bulk-wine production, often blended with other white varietie
- Variety: Chenin Blanc [100% Chenin Blanc]
- Winery: Gravel Junction
- Winemaker: Debbie Hooper
- Wine of origin: Paarl
- Analysis: alc: 12.0 % vol rs: 2.04 g/l pH: 3.7 ta: 5.39 g/l va: 0.41 g/l
- Type: White
- Pack: Bottle Closure : Screwcap