Mt Vernon Chardonnay(75 CL)
- This wine offers immediate drinking pleasure, but will reward with careful cellaring.
- This unique and hand-crafted Chardonnay may be enjoyed on its own or is also the perfect accompaniment to crayfish, prawns, oysters and creamy based pasta dishes.
- Food pairing: Pork, Rich fish (salmon, tuna etc), Vegetarian, Poultry
Mt Vernon Chardonnay has a pale yellow colour. Nose showing attractive hint of development with definite citrus aromas with grapefruit more keenly expressed. Some tropical notes in the background. Firm texture and fine balance. Bright, sprightly fresh, full fruited finish.
Grapes were hand harvested in the early hours of the morning, ensuring that they are adequately cool upon arrival at the cellar. After careful sorting a portion of the grapes are destemmed and crushed and the balance are whole bunch pressed.
The resulting juice is then settled and the clear juice is racked to 225 l and 500 L French Oak barrels for fermentation. We make extensive use of natural yeasts to undertake fermentation, so as to reflect our unique terroir.
The fermented wine is matured sur lie in barrels for 9 months, thereafter the carefully selected components are blended and lightly refined and filtered before bottling.
- Variety: Chardonnay [100% Chardonnay]
- Wine of origin: Paarl
- Analysis : alc : 13.0 % vol rs : 3.4 g/l pH : 3.27 ta : 6.6 g/l va : 0.48 g/l
- Type : White Style : Off Dry Taste : Fruity Wooded
- Pack: Bottle Size: 750ml Closure: Screwcap