Farmer Tom Shito
- Shito is a very spicy traditional Ghanaian sauce
- The best companion for students and campers
- Serve with rice, banku or kenkey
Delicious Spicy sauce
Farmer Tom Shito goes really well with both fish and meat, and can be served as a side to most dishes.
Adds Flavor to your food
It can also be used for marinating or as a dressing, dip, spread or topping. Add flavor and moiture to your food with Farmer Tom Shito. Sauces are an essential element in cuisines all over the world , and in Ghana, our best sauce is shito.
We love it with our breads, Rice dishes, Banku, kenkey, Gari and anything you can think of.
You can eat it with almost everything, but especially as a spicy addition to a cheeseboard with other chutneys.
- 500 ml (18fl oz) rapeseed oil
- Red onions
- Finely diced garlic cloves
- Finely chopped guinea peppers
- Ground fresh root ginger
- Finely grated chopped thyme and rosemary leaves
- Green kpakpo shito chillies
- Dried chilli flakes
- Tomato purée 1
- Chilli powder
- Ground prawn or shrimp powder
- Sea salt